Cooking with Cannabis – CBD Greek Salad
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, has become popular in the medicinal cannabis community due to its non-intoxicating nature, and its anti-inflammatory abilities often used to treat arthritis, crones, and joint pain. Greek salad has been considered part of an anti-inflammatory diet for many years and is recommended along with other Mediterranean dishes to patients who suffer from extensive inflammation. What better recipe to create than a CBD infused greek salad.
Besides the health benefits that are associated with CBD and a fresh, veggie-filled greek salad, there is a massive flavor load that comes with this combination. Depending on whether you are choosing to infuse your own olive oil, or simply add in your oil from a store, the combination of the earthy, hearty tastes of cannabis with the sharp, fresh greek salad is a truly great combination.
Every salad needs an incredible salad dressing, which is how we get your CBD into the recipe. If you’re feeling adventurous, check out how to infuse your own olive oil here, or simply add in the oil of your choice to the salad when complete.
¼ cup of CBD-infused olive oil
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP of the feta brine (for extra flavour)
1 TBSP fresh dill, chopped (or dried, but fresh is always nice)
½ tsp of dried oregano
¼ tsp of sea salt
2 clove of garlic, very finely minced
Juice from ½ lemon
If you’re not infusing your olive oil with cannabis and are choosing to add in your cannabis oil after the fact you will still want to use about a ¼ cup of olive oil. We have a blog coming soon on dosage and understanding oil percentages, so stay tuned!
2 bell peppers
1 English cucumber
1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled or cut into small pieces
½ cup of pitted black kalamata olives
*Tip If you’re a fluffy greens person adding some arugula is a great idea!
- We start by whisking together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, feta brine, dill, oregano, sea salt, minced garlic, and lemon juice.
- Chop all the vegetables so they’re around the same size and cut your tomatoes in half. Add your vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine! Drizzle your dressing over top and toss your vegetables to coat. If you are using fresh dill, a sprigg or two is great for garnish.
- Enjoy your healthy CBD infused greek salad!
CBD Greek Salad Tips:
– Making the dressing before you move to chop the vegetables allows the flavors to start to combine and gets the herbs releasing their aromas and flavor right off the bat.
-If you don’t have a whisk or you’re feeling a little lazy, toss your ingredients into a mason jar and give them a good shake, this also allows you to keep any extra dressing in the fridge for next time.
We hope you enjoy this healthy salad, a few reminders before we go; if you plan on sharing this salad with your friends it’s important you tell them there is CBD in it, our second reminder is to snap a picture and tag Compass Cannabis Clinic on Instagram so we can see your colorful creation!