Sylvia Plath once said, “There must be quite a few things a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them”. Combine this wonderful piece of wisdom with the relaxing, healing properties of cannabis, and we’re confident that you’ll experience a new level of relief. Cannabis infused bath bombs are a unique, fun way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis, not to mention they’re easy to make in a variety of scents and colors.
How does a cannabis bath bomb work?
Our skin is our largest organ and the first line of defense against the world of germs, sun, and everything else. Believe it or not, our skin has receptors throughout its layers that allow it to absorb the cannabinoids THC and CBD. Once absorbed through the skin, relief from inflammation, itching, redness, stiffness among other symptoms are experienced quickly in most cases.
Let’s get started creating a bath bomb that will be fast acting and a great option for your cannabis repertoire.
What you will need:
- Two mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Bath bomb molds: you can choose to purchase molds specifically for bath bombs, or simply use a muffin tin, or any other object you’d like; just make sure that the opening at the top of your container is large enough to remove the solidified bath bomb.
- 3 tablespoon Cannabis oil CBD or THC, (you can choose to make your own, like in one of these recipes, or you can use any ready to use oil purchased from a licensed producer.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Your choice of essentials oils 30-40 drops depending on how much scent you’re wanting. A good “go-to” essential oil is lavender, its relaxing and calming for both your muscles and your mind!
- Optional: food coloring of your choice
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the liquid ingredients together until well blended.
- Slowly combine the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, pour slowly, this will allow you to mix well as you go. The mixture should hold together when squeezed without crumbling.
- Pour the mixture into your mold and pack tightly, let it dry. Make sure you work quickly so the mixture doesn’t dry out in the process.
It’s that easy! The main trick is to let your bath bombs set in their molds for 3-5 days to allow them to fully dry. Handling the bath bombs before their dry can cause them to crumble, and you’ll lose precious product that is better used in the bathtub!
Bath bombs can make great gifts for friends and family, but it’s important that you let them know beforehand that they’re infused with cannabis. Send us a picture of your colorful creations, we’d love to see what your bath bombs look like.